***SOLD*** Eating Spoon #7 - backpacker's spoon

 



Price $30 with free shipping in the continental US.
I ship using USPS Ground, which is the least expensive option that included a tracking number.  If you prefer Priority Mail or another shipping option, international shipping or would like to combine shipping on multiple items to save a little money, please email me at judson@judsoncarroll.com



This is a very sturdy spoon.  In fact, I think it may be the sturdiest I've ever carved.  As always, I just follow the natural lines of the wood with my knife.  This one had several knots and I was able to position them in the "crank" of the spoon, which is where the handle turns up from the bowl.  That makes this one crazy tough!  So, I decided to make the ultimate backpacker's spoon.  You could toss this one into a pack or even shove it into your pocket with little worry.  Obviously, no spoon is indestructible, but I believe it would take some serious effort to damage this one... it should be able to be used just as roughly by your great grandkids as by you!


Normally, I show the front of a spoon first, but I love the "flaw" in this piece.  Be sure to zoom in on it, as it makes the handle very pretty.  This one really seems more at home in the woods than the kitchen, but that is up to you.  BTW, if you are wondering how thick the handle is, remember that i have very large hands and can easily "palm" a basketball in each.  The crank on this spoon is nearly as thick as my thumb!  



Frankly, if someone doesn't buy this spoon soon, it will be shoveling grits, sausage and eggs into my mouth by a campfire in the Pisgah National Forest soon.  It will be stained with butter, dirty hands and woodsmoke very quickly.  Yep, if you want it in pristine condition.... you'd better act fast!

As always, my woodwork is sustainably sourced from trees that are storm damaged or that must be thinned. Each piece is entirely hand made in the ancient greenwood tradition. I use only a hand saw, a small axe and knives. Each piece comes with a handwritten, numbered and signed document. These are heirloom quality spoons that, if properly cared for, will last for generations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*** SOLD*** Serving Spoon #1

***SOLD**** Toddler and Mother Spoon set #1

Eating Spoon #1