***SOLD*** Picnic Set #1

 



Price $30 with free shipping in the continental US.
I ship using USPS Ground, which is the least expensive option that included a tracking number.  If you prefer Priority Mail or another shipping option, international shipping or would like to combine shipping on multiple items to save a little money, please email me at judson@judsoncarroll.com



I am calling this a Picnic Set, but it would work perfectly well for an afternoon snack at home.  My favorite time of day is when the work is done and I can slow down, sit on the porch, drink a beer or a glass of wine and enjoy a plate of cheese, salami or summer sausage, smoked oysters or sardines, olives, pickles, some sourdough bread, spicy mustard and maybe some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden.  I make most all of that from scratch except for the olives and cheese, usually.  I do make cheese, sausages, pickles, mustard, bread, etc. - I like to ferment stuff., but sometimes it is store bought.  Regardless, it is somewhat of a ritual for me.  So, I wanted to carve some utensils specifically for this use.


A couple of months ago, I came up with a graceful design for a long-handled teaspoon that a customer requested.  I liked it a lot, so I decided to make a matching pickle fork.


To go with the mustard spoon and pickle fork, I carved a cheese or butter knife.  These are made from American Holly, so they have a very tight grain and I was able to put a fairly sharp, strong edge on the knife.  I had soft cheeses in mind, but it would work fine for cheddar and such too.


My tastes tend to favor savory flavors.  But, of course, you could use these for butter and jam, marmalade, etc.

I think whoever buys this one will enjoy using it.  It is sealed with Walnut Oil.  As always, my woodwork is sustainably sourced from trees that are storm damaged or that must be thinned. Each piece is entirely hand made in the ancient greenwood tradition. I use only a hand saw, a small axe and knives. Each piece comes with a handwritten, numbered and signed document. These are heirloom quality spoons that, if properly cared for, will last for generations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*** SOLD*** Serving Spoon #1

***SOLD**** Toddler and Mother Spoon set #1

Eating Spoon #1