***SOLD*** Cherry Bowl #1

 


Price $150 with free shipping in the continental US.
I ship using USPS Ground, which is the least expensive option that included a tracking number.  If you prefer Priority Mail or another shipping option, international shipping or would like to combine shipping on multiple items to save a little money, please email me at judson@judsoncarroll.com


The first Wild Cherry dough bowl is finally done.  Wow, this has been a project!  I have amazing respect for our ancestors, because bowls like this and trenchers where what everyone ate from and used int he kitchen just 200 years ago.  What that meant was that every man had to carve at least a few of these for his family.  Let me tell you, carving a large bowl with just an axe, knife and a gouge is NOT easy... it took me two months!


That said, it was well worth the effort.  I think the grain is absolutely beautiful!  


I made this as a practical piece to be used in the kitchen and at the table.  I carved the bottom with a rim that makes it stable and the handles are both strong and comfortable.  I know most folks would probably use it ornamentally, but I hope it will get some serious culinary use.

I think whoever buys this one will enjoy using it.  It is sealed with Walnut Oil.  As always, my woodwork is sustainably sourced from trees that are storm damaged or that must be thinned. Each piece is entirely hand made in the ancient greenwood tradition. I use only a hand saw, a small axe, knives and gouges. It is an heirloom quality piece that, if properly cared for, will last for generations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*** SOLD*** Serving Spoon #1

***SOLD**** Toddler and Mother Spoon set #1

Eating Spoon #1