Serving Spoon #2

 



  Price $30 with free shipping in the continental US.

I ship using USPS Ground, which is the least expensive option that included a tracking number.  If you prefer Priority Mail or another shipping option, international shipping or would like to combine shipping on multiple items to save a little money, please email me at judson@judsoncarroll.com


This is a leaf-shaped serving spoon with a nice, deep bowl.  Being a gravy fanatic, I like to use serving spoons like this so that I can not only scoop rice, mashed potatoes and vegies onto my plate, but heaping spoonfuls of gravy and onions as well.  I'm Southern after all, and unless I need to set a table for a special gathering, I don't use a gravy boat.  I make my gravy in the same pan that I cooked the meat and I fix my Blue Willow plate at the stove, country style!  But, this spoon would be equally at home on the table in a more formal setting and is deep enough to avoid dripping on your white tablecloth.


This piece has a nice color and grain pattern, along with a knot in the bowl that adds strength.  The shape of my leaf-shaped spoons develops as I follow the growth pattern of the wood.  If the wood grows straight, I don't carve a leaf spoon - I carve a symmetrical cooking or eating spoon.  A leaf spoon comes from a tree that twisted and curved to find the sunlight as it grew.  That makes each leaf spoon unique.  They are an adventure to care and know two will be identical.  That makes these spoons, especially as much a piece of art as a practical utensil - as a cook and a woodcarver, my goal is always to accomplish both, beauty and utility.  The spoon is sealed with walnut oil and is ready to use.



As always, my woodwork is sustainably sourced from trees that are storm damaged or that must be thinned. Each piece is entirely hand made in the ancient greenwood tradition. I use only a hand saw, a small axe and knives. Each piece comes with a handwritten, numbered and signed document. These are heirloom quality spoons that, if properly cared for, will last for generations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*** SOLD*** Serving Spoon #1

***SOLD**** Toddler and Mother Spoon set #1

Eating Spoon #1